rfc for notmuch remote access script

Jani Nikula jani at nikula.org
Thu Oct 27 23:42:55 PDT 2016

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 8:25 PM, Tomi Ollila <domo141 at gmail.com> wrote:
> j4ni on irc expressed interest of having an installation option for
> notmuch-emacs and a notmuch remote access script as 'notmuch'
>
> This got me thinking what kind of script would fulfill all the needs
> that I know of.

This here fulfills all of my needs:

#!/bin/bash
printf -v ARGS "%q " "$@"
exec ssh notmuch notmuch ${ARGS}

Keep it simple, I say. The user can (and must) configure all the ssh
stuff in ~/.ssh/config under "Host notmuch". If there is something
non-trivial the user must do, taking a trivial script and editing it
is usually *much* easier than trying to understand a complicated
script and making that work using environment variables etc. that need
to be set somewhere.

BR,
Jani.