PGP tag inserted below quoted message when replying

Dave Barker kzar at kzar.co.uk
Thu Oct 27 09:43:23 PDT 2016

Hi there,

As discussed in IRC I'm having the problem that sometimes when I reply
to messages the #secure method=pgpmime mode=sign tag is inserted below
the quoted message. If I then invoke mml-secure-message-sign-pgpmime
manually the tag jumps to the correct place (the very start of my message).

I can't share the message in question but here's the printmimestructure
output for it:

└┬╴multipart/alternative 9986 bytes
 ├─╴text/plain 1261 bytes
 └─╴text/html 1943 bytes

My hook looks like this:

(add-hook 'message-setup-hook
          (lambda ()
            (gnus-alias-determine-identity)
            (define-key message-mode-map (kbd "C-c f")
              'gnus-alias-select-identity)
            (flyspell-mode)
            (mml-secure-message-sign-pgpmime)))

I'm using notmuch 0.23, notmuch emacs 20161025.1757 from melpa.

Cheers, Dave.