notmuch-insert Fcc handling w/spaces in dir name

Keith Amidon camalot at picnicpark.org
Mon Oct 10 20:37:21 PDT 2016

On Mon, 2016-10-10 at 20:20 +0100, Mark Walters wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Oct 2016, Keith Amidon <camalot at picnicpark.org> wrote:
>> > I was able to make this work by setting notmuch-fcc-dirs to:
> >
> >    "\"[Gmail]/Sent Mail\" +sent -inbox -unread"
>
> That is correct and this should probably be documented.

After Mark and Tomi's hints I read the code more closely and really
understand why my setting actually works and why this is actually an
intended behavior.  Given that it doesn't actually depend on passing
through the shell quoting, supports oddball folder names with spaces in
them, and makes it easy to continue to support sender-based Fcc
selection (which I also expect to want to use eventually), I'm happy
with it as is.

I'll send a suggested documentation patch to the list to make it easier
to discover the behavior shortly.

      Thanks for the help!    --- Keith