Status of Vim client

Nick Howell nlhowell at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 17:08:23 PDT 2016

Lewis wrote:
> I'm also aware of two Vim clients on GitHub:
>
> * https://github.com/felipec/notmuch-vim (last commit: 2014-05-22)
>
> * https://github.com/imain/notmuch-vim (last commit: 2015-08-24)
>
> So, are the clients really stable, or are they rotting because nobody
> uses them?  My hope is the former, but I suspect the latter.

I have a few patchsets adding:
- attachment support in compose
- mailcap support for multipart messages
- pgp support (decorations for reading, controls for composing)
- block operations on messages when searching
as well as miscellaneous minor bugfixes/features.

These are in various states of cleanliness, but none are directly
upstreamable right now. The first three I tried to upstream to felipec
a year or two ago, but I guess we were both too busy to push it.
(Excuse the pun.)

If you're interested, I'm happy to share. I could invest a bit of time
now; I just didn't think anyone but me cared.

Cheers,
Nick