notmuch-show require gnus-art?

Tomas Nordin tomasn at posteo.net
Sun Oct 2 10:04:47 PDT 2016

Hello List

I was in chock just about a while ago. Playing around with my notmuch
config and browsing some mails, emacs crashed on me. Reading log files
in /var/log I could see something like

Oct  2 18:07:30 flaptop emacs24.desktop[19659]: Error: /undefinedfilename in (/tmp/magick-19659Ldz6pYLEprV4)
.
.
.
Oct  2 18:07:30 flaptop emacs24.desktop[19659]: GPL Ghostscript 9.06: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1

and a lot more of course. But this reminded me on some lines I have read
on the notmuch.org site:

Issues with Emacs 24

If notmuch-show-mode behaves badly for you in emacs 24.x try adding one of

    (setq gnus-inhibit-images nil)

or

    (require 'gnus-art)

to your .emacs file.

So before going into further details (I will if somebody wants me to), I
wonder if you think there is a relation between my problem and the
described possibly bad notmuch-show-mode-behaviour?

Best regards
--
Tomas