Missing headers when forwarding html message as RFC822

Matthew Lear matt at bubblegen.co.uk
Fri Jul 22 09:35:16 PDT 2016

Hi,

With notmuch built from very recent git (sha 3a45d29) it would seem that
when forwarding an HTML only message as RFC822, once received, the message
does not have any headers and notmuch-show merely displays 'Date: Thu, 01
Jan 1970 00:00:00 +0000'. I've stripped my .emacs back to a bare minimum
configuration and the behaviour is the same.

With a message (incidentally sent by MS Outlook) that contains the
following parts:

[ multipart/related ]
[ text/html ]

Once forwarded as RFC822 by notmuch and received, it is displayed by
notmuch-show as:

[ message/rfc822 ]
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 +0000

[ multipart/mixed ]
[ multipart/related ]
[ text/html ]

While with a message that contains the following parts:

[ multipart/mixed ]
[ text/plain ]