Issue with verifying cleartext signed messages

Sanel Zukan sanelz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 03:16:07 PDT 2016

Hi,

I'm using epa-verify-cleartext-in-region to verify cleartext signed
messages and noticed it will sometimes fail with notmuch, especially
when target mail message is part of longer thread.

For example, when signed mail is first in thread, body will look like:

and epa-verify-cleartext-in-region will correctly capture and verify it.
However, when the message is second or third in thread, notmuch will
append spaces in front of it, making it looks like this:

epa-verify-cleartext-in-region will fail here with: "Invalid cleartext
signed message".

Error is reproducible - copy the body of message with signature in new
buffer, remove starting spaces and epa-verify-cleartext-in-region will
work.

Any idea how to solve this? Or even better, is it possible to display
messages flat, without tree view.

If you can, please CC me with reply as I'm not member of this list.

Thanks in advace.

Best,
Sanel