searching: '*analysis' vs 'reanalysis'

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Mon Jun 6 10:29:36 PDT 2016

Sebastian Fischmeister <sfischme at uwaterloo.ca> writes:

> I ran into this problem before as well. Storage is cheap. Notmuch could
> index all emails with reversed text to get around some of this
> problem. It doesn't solve the problem of *analysis*, but it's still an
> improvement.

It would probably be more useful to have brute force regexp searches on
headers.  Austin did some experiments that sounded promising, where you
basically postprocess the result of a xapian query with a regexp. OTOH,
I don't know what kept him from proposing this for mainline. If it was
just parser issues, those are probably more or less solved now, at least
for people using xapian 1.3+