notmuch-address-command questions

Sebastian Fischmeister sfischme at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Apr 29 19:08:41 PDT 2016

Hi,

I'm trying out the internal expansion for notmuch-address-command. One
thing I immediately notice is that it has lag over 250K emails, since
it's lookup up addresses each time. Scripts like nottoomuch-addresses
have cached results of only all email addresses and have instantaneous
response.

The second thing is that it seems to list any email it finds. However, I
don't care about email addresses found in emails from 10 years ago. I
only care about the last two years.

Maybe the lag can be addressed by addressing the time horizon for the
search: Is it possible to limit the email address search to the last two
years? I currently do this in searches by automatically inserting
"date:2y..now " in the search field for normal email searches.

Thanks.
  Sebastian