notmuch-0.21 bug report

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Mon Apr 25 12:40:07 PDT 2016

David Binderman <dcb314 at hotmail.com> writes:

> Hello there,

>> Hi David;
>>
>> Thanks for the report. fclose doesn't really make sense here;
>
> Surprising. There is a call to fclose for the success return,
> so I just assumed that one would also be required for the error return.

Ah OK, I thought the fclose referred to the notmuch database, but it
refers to the input file. So yes, there is techically a resource leakage
here, but I'm not sure how important it is, since these returns are part
of program shutdown. Is there any harm in having FILEs open for read
when a program shuts down? On the other hand, I guess it would only take
5 or 6 added lines of code if someone wanted to add our usual "goto
DONE" path