notmuch-emacs replying produces excessive indenting on multipart/signed or multipart/mixed amil?

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Sat Apr 9 03:26:09 PDT 2016

Hey all--

I'm running from the head of notmuch development right now, and when i
reply to multipart/signed or multipart/mixed mail in notmuch-emacs, i'm
noticing that the attributed text now has excessive indentation (it did
not when running from the latest release).

to be clear, i'm talking about replies that now look like:

-------------
On Sat, 09 Apr 2016 01:02:29 +0200, Test User <test at exmaple.org> wrote:

>   This is some example text.  in the original message, it is
>   flush-aligned on the left-hand side.
-------------

instead of what i want, which is:

-------------
On Sat, 09 Apr 2016 01:02:29 +0200, Test User <test at exmaple.org> wrote:

> This is some example text.  in the original message, it is
> flush-aligned on the left-hand side.

interestingly, the command line still shows the right thing:

  notmuch reply id:$MSGID

has the correct layer of indentation, as does:

  notmuch reply --decrypt id:$MSGID

Does anyone else see this behavior?  If you're using notmuch-emacs, try
replying to this message and looking at the attributed text.

         --dkg