FastMail uses xapian for real time search, can we do the same?

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Thu Mar 24 05:51:24 PDT 2016

Edward Betts <edward at 4angle.com> writes:

> Is there any enthusiasm for adding real time search to notmuch?

It sounds interesting. I do wonder if just better (read, any) retry
handling might give most of the user benefits with fewer moving parts.

I think the real reason that the locking failures bother me less is just
a workflow one: I don't have notmuch-insert / notmuch-new running in the
background, but rather fetch a few few times a day. I'm not saying
everyone should read mail like I do, just explaining why it's less of a
priority for me personally than some other issues.