Push to wiki fails with "cannot run hooks/pre-receive" error

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Mar 23 10:04:00 PDT 2016

On Wed, Mar 23 2016, J. Lewis Muir wrote:
> I just tried to push a minor fix to the wiki, but I get the following
> error:
> remote: error: cannot run hooks/pre-receive: No such file or directory

Oops. My mistake.

I recently converted all user-space packages on the server from 32-bit
to 64-bit, but was inadvertently over-zealous and removed the packages
necessary to still run a 32-bit binary.

Of course, there aren't any packaged 32-binaries left around, but this
pre-receive hook is a binary that ikiwiki compiles, so it is still
currently a 32-bit binary.

I just installed the support for running 32-bit binaries again, so
hopefully this will work now.

Let me know if you run into any further problems.

-Carl