Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 09:21:45 PST 2016

On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 12:16:33PM +0200, Tomi Ollila wrote:

> > Is there a way (e.g. with emacsclient) to load up a particular email
> > thread or email message buffer from the command line?
>
> quick test yields that at least
>
>   emacs -f notmuch --eval '(notmuch-search "id:87egc8nhdh.fsf at nawaz.org")'
>
> works (maybe not exactly as desired, but based on that more should
> be able to be achieved with moderate ease...)

I use the attached script to open the mail I'm reading in Mutt in Emacs
so that I can link to it in my Org mode notes, etc.  You could write a
function that calls the required capture templates and use it in place
of the call to notmuch-show.  Probably you also want to remove the GNU
Screen related stuff (call to screen select and the check for $STY).

Hope this helps,

--
Suvayu