nmbug in the Debian packages?

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Tue Feb 16 05:16:00 PST 2016

"W. Trevor King" <wking at tremily.us> writes:

> I'd floated notmuch-dtag earlier [1].  Does that sound right?  Or do
> folks prefer another name?

I had a thought about this. The password manager "pass" uses

   pass git {push|pull}

for git related operations. Perhaps that would make sense for us as
well? So initially "notmuch-git".  I'm of course open to better ideas,
but especially since you pushed a bit to make the interface follow git
more closely, perhaps that's a more informative name than "dtag".  It
also leaves open the possibility of stashing other metadata than tags,
should something like [1] come to pass.

On the other hand, it's true that what we're doing is less transparent
than what pass does, which is really just pass the arguments straight
through to git.

[1] id:1453561198-2893-2-git-send-email-david at tethera.net