nmbug in the Debian packages?

W. Trevor King wking at tremily.us
Sat Feb 13 14:02:50 PST 2016

On Sat, Feb 13, 2016 at 02:17:44PM -0400, David Bremner wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 08, 2016 at 07:33:10AM -0400, David Bremner wrote:
> >> We can include it in /usr/bin along and install a proper man page…
> >
> > I'm happy to write up a man page.  Do you want it in a separate
> > directory from nmbug-status / notmuch-report [1]?  Do you want to
> > rename nmbug to something notmuch-* namespaced?
>
> I guess if we're going to treat it as a first class citizen, then
> yeah, it should be in the notmuch- namespace.

I'd floated notmuch-dtag earlier [1].  Does that sound right?  Or do
folks prefer another name?

> It would also need some tests.

In tests/, or devel/dtag/tests?  If the latter, how should I handle
the test framework?  Symlinks to the main tests/?  Copies?  Sharness
submodule?  Other ideas?

> I'm not sure how (or if) to address the problem that most notmuch
> commands are actually invoked via the main binary, but I don't think
> we have any logic to transform "notmuch foo" to a call to an
> external binary notmuch-foo.

That seems like something that could be handled independently.  If
folks want to set it up, adjusting the !command handler in notmuch.c's
main() or adjusting find_command to fall back to “this is probably an
external command” seem doable.

Cheers,
Trevor

[1]: id:20151231202815.GL3680 at odin.tremily.us