T070 tests portability

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Fri Jan 8 11:23:33 PST 2016

Tomi Ollila <tomi.ollila at iki.fi> writes:

> So, in this case, if you're the only one seeing this problem I'd suggest
> you tolerate the problem (by using private patch) (you could also dig
> deeper if interested). If this "problem" is (were!) more widespread,
> *and* unfixable in reasonable manner this thing like this typecast
> could be applied -- which would also mean this test system would
> be a bit less robust as it is now...(*)

I'm a bit undecided about this. But one (not completely trivial but
probably a good idea) would be to rewrite these tests to use the python
extensions to gdb. These have shown themselves to be more robust and
portable between different gdb versions. We already use these extensions
(in T380-atomicity.py) so it wouldn't be adding a new dependency.