file-error "not a regular file"

Michal Sojka sojkam1 at fel.cvut.cz
Wed Dec 30 01:38:22 PST 2015

Hi fauno,

On Tue, Dec 29 2015, fauno wrote:
> David Bremner <david at tethera.net> writes:
>
>> I guess the tl;dr is that I can't duplicate this problem. Looking at the
>> traceback Peter provided, it looks like he is using
>> "send-message-without-bullets" to send the message. Since this isn't a
>> notmuch function, it's likely bypassing the notmuch fcc setup that
>> notmuch-mua-send and notmuch-mua-send-and-exit do.
>
> i've found the issue.  i'm using jl-encrypt that expects email written
> in message-mode, and since notmuch is now a minor mode some functions
> that were expected to be there didn't work anymore.

can you share more details about how do you use jl-encrypt and which
functions do not work? Recently, I posted a few patches that fix some
problems related to the replacing message-mode with
notmuch-message-mode. Maybe, there is more what we can do to not break
user's setups.

>From a brief look at jl-encrypt, it seems it is tightly bound to gnus,
because it uses gnus-message-setup-hook. Maybe it will work again with
notmuch if you use my patch [1] and run

    (add-hook 'message-setup-hook 'jl-encrypt-if-possible)

-Michal

[1] id:1450690875-2111-2-git-send-email-sojkam1 at fel.cvut.cz