file-error "not a regular file"

Peter Salazar cycleofsong at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 21:54:24 PST 2015

Hi David,

Thanks for looking into this. Much appreciated.

Yes, following your steps, emacs -q followed by "M-x load-library <return>
notmuch", I was able to send an email without the error. It prompted me for
my smtp server, username, and password, then returned this:

Sending email
Sending email done
Invalid image size (see `max-image-size')
Mark set
Saving file
/Users/peter/Dropbox/mail/gmail/sent/tmp/1451367804.6837_72197_1.Infinity.local...
Wrote
/Users/peter/Dropbox/mail/gmail/sent/tmp/1451367804.6837_72197_1.Infinity.local
Sending...done

To answer your other question, yes, there is an Fcc: header when I try to
send email from my regular Emacs configuration. It's the same header I saw
when I sent email from the minimal configuration:

Fcc: /Users/peter/Dropbox/mail/gmail/sent

That directory does indeed exist:

drwxr-xr-x@ 9 peter  staff  306 Dec 27 21:54 *sent*
And it contains:

.DS_Store    .mbsyncstate *.nnmaildir*   .uidvalidity *cur*          *new*
        *tmp*
Does this give us any leads?

Thanks again.