notmuch-emacs: forward messages inline

Matthew Lear matt at bubblegen.co.uk
Tue Nov 10 07:06:01 PST 2015

> Hi
>
> Does adding something like the following to your .emacs file do what you
> want?
>

> (defun my-forward (prefix)
>   (interactive "P")
>   (let ((message-forward-as-mime nil)
> 	(message-forward-ignored-headers ".*"))
>     (notmuch-show-forward-message prefix)))
>
> (define-key notmuch-show-mode-map "F" 'my-forward)
>
> Then "F" should forward the message as a plain message rather than
> rfc822, and there should not be any spurious headers.

Hi Mark. Yes, thanks. For plain text emails this is perfect in that it
gives me what I want (and I can customise the start/end of forwarded
message separators). For messages with text and html versions of the body
it is less ideal because it generates an email with three attachments -
one with the plain text of the message body, one with the html of the
message body and one that just contains the 'end of forwarded message'
separator. I'd prefer that the plain text message body was included inline
and that the html portion was the only attachment in this case. Is this
possible?
--  Matt