elisp + company completion patches, v7

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon Oct 26 11:56:56 PDT 2015

On Sun, Oct 25 2015, Tomi Ollila wrote:
> I, if this does not sound nitpicking, would amend those 'This patch' and
> 'With this patch' texts in commit messages away by some rewording -- those
> pose as a bad example for someone reading the code -- and diminish the
> effect when I complain that again in future patched ;)

What's the motivation here?

It's often the case that a good commit message needs to describe the way
things were working prior to a commit, (describing the bug or missing
feature or what have you), and also needs to describe the change that is
affected by the commit itself.

So I actually like seeing commit messages that say things like:

    Prior to this commit... (some bug existed...)

    In this commit... (some code is reworked to fix the bug...)

But maybe I've missed the point of your message.

-Carl