elisp completion patches v6

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Sat Oct 24 10:53:02 PDT 2015

David Bremner <david at tethera.net> writes:

> Main changes since v5:
>
>    - replace use of notmuch-message-message-insinuate. I'm not sure if
>      we should leave a stub function, or just break people's .emacs,
>      and tell them not to call it anymore.
>
>    - company is autoloaded, and used, if present. This can be disabled
>      by setting notmuch-message-use-company to nil
>
>    - notmuch-message-command being nil is now an explicit disabling of
>      of completion
>
>    - deduplicate=address is hardcoded

One more important change is that this no longer special-cases
notmuch-company with respect to byte-compilation. It compiles fine
without company-mode (although I noticed that I missed one variable
declaration). On the other hand I didn't test this with emacs23. I
wouldn't expect it to work, but hopefully it still compiles.