muchsync files renames

Amadeusz Żołnowski aidecoe at aidecoe.name
Mon Aug 31 15:11:43 PDT 2015

Hi David,

dm-list-email-notmuch at scs.stanford.edu writes:
> The one thing I'm still unclear on is whether afew is running on the
> client of the server.

It is run as a post-hook, i.e. after "notmuch new", so it's on the
server.

> I guess the other option is that your maildir.synchronize_flags false
> on the server and true on the client.

Both have this set to true.

> If you are running it on the server, then somehow afew must not be
> respecting the maildir.synchronize_flags setting.  Otherwise, the file
> should already be moved to the cur directory after having the unread
> tag stripped off on the server.

Not necessarily. The recommended setup of notmuch for afew is that
"notmuch new" tags messages with "new" tag only. Then afew processes all
messages with "new" tag. So if it is a spam, then it gets "new" removed
and "spam" added. A spam message at any time doesn't have "unread" tag
assigned which should explain this behaviour.  So the problem is to be
fixed on the afew side.

Once again thank you for helping with tracking down the issue.

--
Amadeusz Żołnowski