how to make return follow hyperlink?

Mark Walters markwalters1009 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 11:24:19 PDT 2015

> How do I make it so that hitting RET on a hyperlink follows it? Is there a
> setting analogous to org-return-follows-link? I often have links in
> incoming emails, and I'd like to be able to open them in my browser with
> one keystroke.

A long time ago I posted a patch to do this: I don't know if it still
applies or how easy it is to update (nor do I remember how I got on with
the difficulties bremner mentioned in the the quoted bit of irc
conversation in the third message of that thread).

id:1377240695-825-1-git-send-email-markwalters1009 at gmail.com

Incidentally, pressing RET on id: links already overrides the use of RET
to collapse a message so I don't see it as problematic to do the same
for http links.

Best wishes

Mark