muchsync files renames

Amadeusz Żołnowski aidecoe at aidecoe.name
Sun Aug 23 01:44:14 PDT 2015

Hi David,

Fist of all thank you for such elaborate answer.

I have missed the paragraph about maildir.synchronize_flags somehow.  I
have it enabled.  So this must be source of a problem (?).

Here follows steps I followed:

1. I initialized server locally with muchsync -vv.  My mail is stored in
~/Mail on the server.
2. I run muchsync --init ~/mail SERVER. (Directory names do not need to
be the same, do they?)
3. I run muchsync SERVER.
4. When it lasted much longer then initialization I canceled it by
single SIGINT (^c).
5. I rerun muchsync SERVER and then it notified me that notmuch
identified files names changes - more than 1000.
6. I waited a bit and then I canceled it by SIGINT.
7. I run muchsync --noup SERVER. This took only seconds to finish.

I suspected that muchsync at step 3 and 5 tried to push files renames
back to server.  But now I am not sure what was going on.  Have I
desynchronized file mail flags?  It's hard to say if anything has broken
for me, but I am a bit worried anyway.

If I just disable maildir.synchronize_flags and rerun muchsync, will
everything get synchronized properly?

--
Amadeusz Żołnowski