Modify message after send...?

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Sun Jul 19 00:59:44 PDT 2015

> BTW, all I really want to do is modify the From: field based on the
> recipients (for every email, with no default From). I'll welcome
> suggestions for existing ways to do that. I Googled a little, but didn't
> find a clear good solution. Furthermore, I expect over time the rules by
> which I pick the From: field will get more complex than my knowledge of
> Elisp.

I'm afraid it's a bit "some-assembly-required", but let me mention one
possible solution.

At least if you just want to have a regular expression match on the
recipient, then the example configuration in message-templ [1] may be
enough to get you started. You'd have to either call
message-templ-config-exec in a hook, or bind it to a key and call it
manually to set up the headers before sending.

[1]: http://pivot.cs.unb.ca/git?p=message-templ.git;a=tree