Notmuch-mutt in RaspberryPi

yquintero yeison.quintero at spanishconnector.com
Tue Jul 7 19:35:28 PDT 2015

Good evenning.

I have a trouble, when I configure notmuch-mutt in my RaspberryPi. I have
been searching the solution to the following code:

Warning: failed to open directory /home/pi/mail: No such file or directory
Found 0 total files (that's not much mail).
Error: Cannot create database at /home/pi/mail: No such file or directory.

Firstly I apply these steps before to run notmuch-mutt

1).- I add the macros:

# 'L' performs a notmuch query, showing only the results
macro index L "<enter-command>unset wait_key<enter><shell-escape>read -p
'notmuch query: ' x; echo \$x
>~/.cache/mutt_terms<enter><limit>~i \"\`notmuch search --output=messages
\$(cat ~/.cache/mutt_terms) | head -n 600 |
perl -le '@a=<>;chomp at a;s/\^id:// for at a;$,=\"|\";print at a'\`\"<enter>" "show
only messages matching a notmuch pattern"
# 'a' shows all messages again (supersedes default <alias> binding)
macro index a "<limit>all\n" "show all messages (undo limit)"

2).- I change apply chmod 777 -R /home/pi/mail/ "Making that the error does
not show" but when I try the find with "L" with .muttrc the system shows
"empty exception"

.muttrc
# Sets up mail box in your home folder
set mbox_type=maildir
set mbox="~/mail/inbox/"
set spoolfile="~/mail/inbox/"
set folder="~/mail/"
set record="~/mail/sent/"
set postponed="~/mail/postponed/"

#Gmail account info
set from = "xxxx at mail.com"
set realname = "Pedro Perez"
set imap_user = "xxx at mail.com"
set imap_pass = ""

# Folders
# Remote Folders
set folder = "imaps://imap.gmail.com:993"
set spoolfile = "+INBOX"
set postponed ="+[Gmail]/Drafts"
# Local Folders
set header_cache =~/.mutt/cache/headers
set message_cachedir =~/.mutt/cache/bodies
set certificate_file =~/.mutt/certificates
#SMTP Setup
set smtp_url = "smtp://xxx@mail.com@smtp.gmail.com:587/"
set smtp_pass = ""

#Mutt Session Security
set move = no #Stop asking to "move read messages to mbox"!
set imap_keepalive = 900 # I had it in 120

# Order received messages
set sort = reverse-date-received
set sort_aux = reverse-date-received