configure tool

Ronny Chevalier chevalier.ronny at gmail.com
Tue May 19 11:31:29 PDT 2015

Hi,

I'm curious about the reason behind choosing to do your own configure
tool instead of using tools like autotools or cmake?

Because for me it increases the chance to introduce bugs in the build
system since you are redeveloping tests to know whether a library is
present or not, the system to check if a flag is supported by the
compiler, to check if a function is present, to manage different
platforms,... All of these things are provided by tools like autotools
or cmake.

For example, I noticed that the part that check if the compiler
options are supported, is not working. Try adding a flag supported by
gcc but not by clang and use clang to compile or vice-versa.

Thanks