How do I prevent notmuch-show in Emacs from automatically following links in emails?

Tomi Ollila tomi.ollila at iki.fi
Wed Apr 29 03:47:56 PDT 2015

On Wed, Apr 29 2015, Philip <notmuch at accounts.gphilip.in> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   When I open emails in the notmuch-show mode on Emacs, it automatically
>   follows links which are present in the email. For instance, it
>   connects to various tracking objects included in the email. How can I
>   prevent it from doing this automatically all the time? Is there a
>   setting by which notmuch-show will not follow links in emails?

This:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.notmuch.general/20159

should do it for inline images. you need latest git version for that.

I wonder is anyone has tested this thorougly...
M-x debug-on-entry open-network-stream catches at least the ones
emacs does, and LD_PRELOAD could be used to catch connect(2) calls.

Tomi