notmuch_thread_get_authors

Ronny Chevalier chevalier.ronny at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 09:04:12 PDT 2015

Hi,

I would like to know the reason behind the way we get authors from a
thread, with notmuch_thread_get_authors.

Getting a string formatted as it is right now make it impossible to
parse properly the authors. If there is an author with | or , in its
name (or email address if there is no name), there is no way to
distinguish between another author in the list comma separated or an
author with a comma, and the same with |.

A function like notmuch_thread_get_authors_arrays(notmuch_thread_t
*thread, char ***authors_matched, char ***authors_not_mached) with
authors_matched and authors_not_mached being string arrays
NULL-terminated could deal with this issue.

What do you think? or maybe I am missing something?

Ronny