[Patch v5 4/8] lib: add "verbose" versions of notmuch_database_{open,create}

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Wed Mar 25 09:47:06 PDT 2015

Tomi Ollila <tomi.ollila at iki.fi> writes:

>> +    ret = notmuch_database_open_verbose (path,
>> +					 NOTMUCH_DATABASE_MODE_READ_WRITE,
>> +					 &notmuch,
>> +					 &message);
>>      if (ret) {
>> +	if (status_cb) status_cb (message, closure);
>>  	goto DONE;
>>      }
>
> Is this ever printing the message (if any?)

Printing messages is the whole point of status_cb. It does switch the
output from the current stderr to stdout, which is weird.  On the other
hand it avoids changing the api by adding
notmuch_database_compact_verbose.

And of course if we care this should free message after calling
status_cb, like the other places.