strange search behaviour in emacs

Sebastian Fischmeister sfischme at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Mar 23 21:47:41 PDT 2015

Hi,

I have some strange behaviour when performing searches on notmuch in
emacs. The following works just fine:

M-: (notmuch-search "from:foo") ;;not me
M-: (notmuch-search "bar")

The following *always* returns an empty list, even when I see an email
with "bar" right there in the list after the first search:

M-: (notmuch-search "from:sfischme") ;;me
M-: (notmuch-search "bar")

It appears to only occur when the "from:XY" search was for what I have
set in my notmuch config for the primary_email address.

I have no clue why this is happening. Any ideas? Especially, any ideas
how to fix it? I'm using notmuch 0.19 (package 0.19-2 on archlinux).

Thanks,
  Sebastian