[BUG] notmuch crashes on FreeBSD when synchronize_flags=true

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Mon Mar 23 19:22:32 PDT 2015

Simon Campese <notmuchmail_org at campese.de> writes:

>>> #4  0x000000080084dd1c in notmuch_message_get_replies () from
>>> /usr/local/lib/libnotmuch.so.3
>
>>Just confirm, this particular backtrace is from notmuch 0.18, right?
>> because 0.19 should build / be-linked-against libnotmuch.so.4.
>
> Yes, sorry, I mixed up my text snippets. The backtrace from notmuch 0.19
> is analogous with the current libnotmuch referenced.
>
>>I would be curious if the Xapian test suite runs in your environment.
>
> I'm not very familiar with neither notmuch, nor xapian. Where can I find
> this test suite? Are you referring to the 'test' directory in the
> notmuch tree? If so, I have the impression that a lot has to be patched
> to make it run under FreeBSD (I get a myriad of errors when trying to
> compile).

Well, it's a bit discouraging that the notmuch test suite doesn't
compile on FreeBSD, but no I refer the Xapian test suite, presumably
included with the xapian-core source.

I mentioned your troubles to Xapian upstream developer Olly Betts, and
he told me there were some known problems with the Xapian test suite
when compiled with clang. If you are using clang, it would be useful to
see if you can duplicate the problem with xapian and notmuch compiled
with gcc.