Proposal: List-Id

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Mon Mar 16 04:35:35 PDT 2015

Harlan Lieberman-Berg <hlieberman at setec.io> writes:

> The standard for identifying mailing lists seems to be List-Id, as per
> RFC 2919.  I can understand the desire to keep the number of headers
> included in the header block low, but I wonder if this might be a common
> enough use-case to suggest its inclusion.

I think the real blocker at this point is that some copies of a message
may have list-id header and some not. Currently we only index the first
copy of a message that arrives. Indexing all copies would probably be a
good step in any case, but e.g. handling deletion of files requires some
care in that case.