Inspired but need help searching folder names containing spaces

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Tue Feb 17 23:56:56 PST 2015

Matthew Lear <matt at bubblegen.co.uk> writes:

> mail/maildir/
> ├── INBOX
> ├── Deleted Items
> └── Sent Items
>

> notmuch search 'folder:"Deleted Items"'
>
> .. throws up zero results.

Hmm. I tried to duplicate your situation here, and it works for me. Two
things to try:

1) notmuch search --output=files $QUERY

where $QUERY is some query (using e.g. id:) that matches one of those
messages. Check that you have have the whole anchored path from the top
level.

2) NOTMUCH_DEBUG_QUERY=1 notmuch count -'folder:"Deleted Items"'

have a look for XFOLDER:Deleted Items

3) try both of the above with "--exclude=false" in case you have tagged
them with an excluded tag.  Note that by default "deleted" is such a tag.
You can change the excluded tags with "notmuch config"