Emacs: Notmuch logo is not displayed when using ELPA package

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Thu Jan 29 10:58:44 PST 2015

Jinwoo Lee <jinwoo68 at gmail.com> writes:

> TIL notmuch shows a logo at the top of the Emacs buffer!
>
> I've been using the ELPA package so far and it didn't show the logo.  I
> switched to my local git repo to test my changes and realized that we
> have a logo!
>
> Anyone know why the ELPA package wouldn't show it?

Maybe you mean MELPA?  I guess there is no notmuch package in the
official emacs ELPA archive. Anyway, I had a quick look at the MELPA
recipe and they just copy *.el, rather than running the notmuch build
system. Somewhat unsurprisingly, a few small things break (that I know
of, the logo and the correct definition of version of
notmuch-emacs-version).