notmuch_query_add_tag_excluded and notmuch_query_search_threads

Gaute Hope eg at gaute.vetsj.com
Sat Dec 6 14:39:39 PST 2014

hi,

I can't quite figure out how to make excluded threads show up in
searches explicitly including the tag.

If I add the 'muted' tag to all messages in a thread, and set up my
query as follows:

    notmuch_query_t * query = notmuch_query_create (nm_db,
    "tag:muted");
    notmuch_query_add_tag_exclude (query, "muted");
    notmuch_query_set_omit_excluded (query, NOTMUCH_EXCLUDE_TRUE);
    threads = notmuch_query_search_threads (query);

I would expect to have the thread matching, I get nothing however. It
does show up in: $ notmuch search tag:muted (muted added to excluded
tags), but does notmuch search operate with
notmuch_query_search_messages?

Regards, Gaute