tag:deleted messages immediately deleted ?

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at telecom-sudparis.eu
Tue Nov 18 05:01:08 PST 2014

Hi.

David Bremner <david at tethera.net> writes:

> Olivier Berger <olivier.berger at telecom-sudparis.eu> writes:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> I used to marl messages for later deletion by adding (in emacs) the
>> deleted tag, and was able to undo this if necessary by explicitely
>> searching the tag:deleted messages. A manual trigger of :
>>  $ notmuch search --output=files "tag:deleted" | xargs -l rm
>> did the final removal.
>>
>> I'm now using 0.18.2 (debian jessie) and cannot seem to find a way to
>> check deleted messages. They seem to be deleted immediately.
>>
>> Did I miss a change (undocumented ?) ?
>
> Nope, there was no (intentional) change. That would have been a huge
> change from a notmuch point of view.

Yup.

> As a stab in the dark, have you upgraded your database yet? (i.e. run
> notmuch new).

Yes. Many times (I'm reading my mail in emacs after every notmuch new
occuring like every 5 min in average ;-)

Hmmm... Dunno how I could try to investigate more.

I'm using a local dovecot as a mail storage backend, which is in turn
indexed my botmuch... any particular thing related to dovecot flags
handling maybe (i.e. deleted tag being passed to dovecot) ?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER