notmuch.readthedocs.org

Ben Gamari bgamari.foss at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 10:51:23 PST 2014

David Bremner <david at tethera.net> writes:

> It seems that this site has bitrotted.  I hit the build button and it
> now builds the CLI docs instead of the python bindings.  I assume since
> Sebastian has moved on from maintaining the bindings he's also not
> intersted in maintaining this site. If someone would like to take over
> and fix what needs to be fixed, then great, otherwise I'll ask the
> readthedocs admins to purge the site. It seems like it should be
> possible to have CLI and python docs in one sphinx tree, so maybe that's
> something we can do upstream to help.

I have set up a separate project for the Python bindings here [1]. I
looked into how one might convince Sphinx to build both sets of
documentation in one run but it seems this is not trivial without unduly
coupling the two. Having two separate projects seems like a fair
solution for now.

David, perhaps you could update the description of the notmuch RtD
project to reflect that fact that it is no longer describing the Python
bindings? Perhaps it might also make sense to add a link to the
notmuch-python project in the project description. I'd be happy to keep
an eye on the notmuch project if you want to add me to the maintainers
list.

Cheers,

- Ben

[1] http://notmuch-python.readthedocs.org/en/latest/