surprise test suite fix release 0.18.2

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Sat Oct 25 02:41:17 PDT 2014

With the release of emacs 24.4, our test suite broke in serveral
surprising and interesting ways.

Starting with 0.18.1, I applied the two patches at

  id:1414224334-32497-1-git-send-email-david at tethera.net

and cherry picked two test suite related patches from master.

The result can be seen in git as 0.18.2_rc1.

Because of a looming Debian freeze, I need to release this today, so
please give me any feedback ASAP.  To be clear, there are only test
suite related changes here, and two of the 4 patches are already in
master.

For the final 0.18.2 release I plan to add a few more lines of NEWS.