Looking for the perfect mail client

Sepp Tannhuber sepp.tannhuber at yahoo.de
Wed Oct 22 07:48:32 PDT 2014

Gaute Hope <eg at gaute.vetsj.com> schrieb am 15:49 Mittwoch, 22.Oktober 2014:

> Do you have libgpg-error installed?
No, this was exactly the point. Now, I've compiled it and linked successfully.

> What distro do you run?
Debian stable with many backports from unstable.

The next problem is that astroid doesn't start:

(astroid:12459): Gtk-WARNING **: Could not find the icon 'mail-send-symbolic'. The 'hicolor' theme
was not found either, perhaps you need to install it.
You can get a copy from:
 http://icon-theme.freedesktop.org/releases
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Gtk::IconThemeError'

I've tried hicolor-icon-theme from debian stable and unstable as well as from
the sources from icon-theme.freedesktop.org. The icon »mail-send-symbolic«
doesn't exist there. However, I've found it on my PC at other locations:

/usr/share/icons/Adwaita/scalable/actions/mail-send-symbolic.svg
/usr/share/icons/mate/scalable/actions/mail-send-symbolic.svg
/usr/share/icons/gnome/scalable/actions/mail-send-symbolic.svg

So my next question is, why doesn't astroid find it?