Looking for the perfect mail client

Simon Chopin chopin.simon at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 03:42:39 PDT 2014

Hi Sepp,

Quoting Sepp Tannhuber (2014-10-21 12:02:37)
> Dear all,
>
> I'm wondering whether there's a notmuch mail client
> - with a handling similar to alot
> - which is capable to show html content without html2ascii conversion
> - which can use vim as editor
> - which doesn't need a web browser

You can't show HTML content without a web browser or a conversion
to ascii AFAIK (BTW, alot uses w3m, which is a web browser :-) ). So you need
to choose between the two (or viewing raw HTML, of course)

> - which doesn't need a mouse
> - which is fast

That last point is my main problem with alot. There are some algorithms
within the widgets that seem unobviously slow to me.

> In principle, alot is the perfect mail client for me except that I've
> many problems with all the html mails people send to me. So I'm wondering
> whether anybody knows a webkit based alot fork or something similar. It's
> strange that after so many years I'm still looking for the perfect mail
> client.

Cheers,
Simon