VIM: search_refresh limits message count to 2 * window.height

Franz Fellner alpine.art.de at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 01:43:24 PDT 2014

The issue is that VIM::Buffer.render yield's itself BEFORE it clears
itself.
Two quick solutions:

1) Simply manually fixup the mess in StagedRender::initialize after
@b.render {do_next } by adding
@last_render = @b.count

2) First clear the VIM:Buffer before yielding. This exposes one issue in
Vims buffer handling: A newly created buffer has count==0, But after
the first line got added you cannot get count==0 again, so a refresh
currently ends up with an empty line at the beginning.
It is possible to get the empty line at the end by implementing
VIM::Buffer.<<() as append(count()-1, arg)
Of course one has to add one line now directly after creating a new
buffer.

Solution 1) would be a simple oneliner but IMHO looks a little bit hacky
;)
Solution 2) at first looks ugly because of the empty line at the
end/beginning. But it also adds the opportunity to print additional
information, like description of the columns (date, thread participants,
subject, ...) at the beginning, or something like "end of search list",