RFC: notmuch-cache.el: simple caching of MIME parts

Jesse Rosenthal jrosenthal at jhu.edu
Tue Oct 7 05:25:39 PDT 2014

Hi David,

David Edmondson <dme at dme.org> writes:

> ...here is a very simple filesystem based cache of MIME parts for
> notmuch. It's integrated using defadvice for now, but a cleaner
> approach is obviously possible.

Just to say that this is great, and very much appreciated. There are
some threads I avoided opening (or opened from the cli) because they
started with huge attachments and I didn't feel like waiting.

I used to have something like this in my remote script, but trashed it
when I lost track of the emacs client internals, and wasn't sure anymore
what commands were called for attachments. So I'm very glad you were
moved to write this, and even gladder you posted it.

Best,
Jesse