ANNOUNCE: notmuch-abook v1.6 [Was: Re: ANNOUNCE: nottoomuch-addresses.sh 2.3]

guyzmo guyzmo at m0g.net
Wed Sep 17 12:14:17 PDT 2014

Hello there,

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 10:02:57PM +0300, Tomi Ollila wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce new version of my caching address completer
> system for notmuch, version 2.3 (2014-09-17).

I have also developed something similar a while ago, which has been
greatly improved by the community:

    https://github.com/guyzmo/notmuch-abook

It's written in python, integrates nicely as a vim plugin, for the vim
users around. It stores email addresses in a sqlite database, and the
configuration lies in the `~/.notmuch-config`.

It can be installed using `pip install notmuch_abook` (slap me if I
forget to update the pipy package!).

For the occasion, I'd like to thank a lot the contributors (github
usernames):

 * foobacca,
 * jkr,
 * Tomas Tomecek,
 * dme

Of course, don't hesitate to troll^Wdiscuss about the pros and cons of
both solutions, which may help improve both in the end!

Cheers and a lots of thank to all notmuch contributors!

--
Guyzmo