[Patch v2 0/2] emacs: show: mark messages read if seen in buffer

Mark Walters markwalters1009 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 09:22:09 PDT 2014

This is v2 of this patch: v1 is at id:1405533339-7666-1-git-send-email-markwalters1009 at gmail.com

The first patch just documents what is required for a mark-read
function. The second patch adds my preferred logic of marking a
message seen if `enough' of it has been visible in the buffer.

There are two changes from v1. First patch 1 is new. Secondly I have
modified the defcustom for the second patch. It is slightly fiddly as
my function has a parameter the default function does not. The
defcustom in the previous patch worked but it was unable to parse
itself so when you revisited the defcustom it looked like you had
specified the lisp manually rather than having selected one of the two
options.

The new version fixes this so the defcustom behaves exactly as you would expect.

I like this version of the mark read function; but it is quite a lot
of code (all unused unless the user selects this option so it is low
risk). If people would prefer not to include it then I can just post
the relevant code to the wiki and people can add it to their .emacs
file if they want this function.

Best wishes

Mark

Mark Walters (2):
  emacs: show: document the mark unread defcustom function
  emacs: show: mark messages unread if seen in buffer

1.7.10.4