sending email using different server for different 'From:' field

David Belohrad david at belohrad.ch
Tue Sep 2 05:26:36 PDT 2014

Dear All,

I have my emacs/notmuch installation setup such, that I send the emails
usually directly using local exim4 installation. For particular 'From:'
field however I need to use my work server. Nowadays I do that
manually. Hence if I write an email using my work address, I manually
call a function switching the exim4 to work server. when the mail is
sent, i manually set it back to exim.

could that scenario be somehow fitted automatically, so when I overwrite
the default 'From:' address (by hand. is it possible to do some
automatic cycling?) to work address, so that message sender in emacs
would automatically use work exchange server to deliver the mail?

many thanks

david