Notmuch new speed degradation

Dmitry Bogatov KAction at gnu.org
Thu Jul 24 12:49:46 PDT 2014

* Austin Clements <amdragon at MIT.EDU> [2014-07-24 10:32:14-0400]
> Hi Dmitry.  My guess is that's you've exceeded your OS buffer cache
> size by enough that most B-tree reads are going to disk at least once.
> How big is your database (du -h $MAIL/.notmuch/xapian) and what does
> free -h report on that computer?  Also, is this on an SSD or an HDD?

13Gb on HDD, 9G after compact. Compact did not improved indexing speed,
unfortunately. Maybe it is possible to somehow merge databases?

Mem:          7,7G       6,5G       1,2G       240M       826M       3,6G
-/+ buffers/cache:       2,1G       5,6G
Swap:         1,9G        66M       1,8G

--
Best regards, Dmitry Bogatov <KAction at gnu.org>,
Free Software supporter, esperantisto and netiquette guardian.