excluding files from a folder for searches

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Wed Jul 16 23:09:05 PDT 2014

On 2014-07-16 21:10, David Bremner <david at tethera.net> writes:

>> I'm trying to configure notmuch such that it never searches for files in
>> my Trash folder. I have found in the configuration how to exclude some
>> tags from every search, but not how to exclude a folder.
>>
>> Is it possible?
>
> One thing you can do is mark the trash folder to be ignored by
> notmuch new. See the new.ignore setting in man notmuch-config(1).

Thank you for the suggestion, I've added ".Trash" to this list. As the
current messages will be deleted in about a week, it should be fine.

By the way, how will notmuch realize that the messages are no longer
there? Does it still scan the directory when it's in new.ignore?

Thanks again,

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7