debian emacs flavor?

Anye Li anye at anyeli.org
Thu May 29 17:25:48 PDT 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to install the notmuch-emacs debian package that I built on
raspbian from the latest in git today, and upon installation I run into
an error message from ln complaining about source and destination files
being the same.  It seems to come from
debian/notmuch-emacs.emacsen-install (installed to
/usr/lib/emacsen-common/packages/install/notmuch-emacs) which takes
$FLAVOR as an argument, and in my case the $FLAVOR is being passed in as
"emacs" instead of "emacs23" for some reason.  Unfortunately, I don't
really understand how Debian's package system works and I can't for the
life of me figure out how this script is called and where the flavor
detection happens.  Could somebody knowledgable please clue me in?

Thanks
Anye